The curriculum consensus maps outlines the West Jefferson Hills School District’s K-12 curricular goals, defines a vision of instruction and assessment, and specifies what students are expected to know, understand, and be able to demonstrate by the end of each grade level in all content areas and approved courses.
The curriculum consensus maps are aligned with their appropriate standards depending on subject or course. Standards used in the creation of curricular consensus maps may include: PA Core Standards, Pennsylvania Academic Standards, and National Standards such as the National Educational Technology Standards from the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE).
The curriculum, instruction, and assessments were created, implemented, and reviewed with the best interests of our students in mind as we prepare them to meet the demands of the 21st century. The curriculum continues to provide the opportunity for differentiation in order to ensure that all students will have the opportunity to succeed and thrive in the West Jefferson Hills School
- Curriculum meets the learning needs of all students through differentiated instruction.
- Curriculum should be aligned with PA Core Standards and/ or Pennsylvania Academic Standards and/ or other standards as appropriate.
- Curriculum provides a required, sequential list of skills for K-12 teachers in each content area/grade level.
- Curriculum should be challenging, requiring students to use higher order thinking to solve problems of the 21st century.
- Curriculum should be flexible and change according to advances in society, education, and technology.