PARENT INFORMATION NIGHT:
The West Jefferson Hills School District held a Kindergarten Information Night for parents on Wednesday, February 27, in the cafeteria of Jefferson Hills Intermediate School. Click here to view the presentation from that evening.
The West Jefferson Hills School District continues to make preparations for the 2019-2020 school year, and we are excited to welcome our incoming Kindergarten students. The registration process is now open online, and all children who have reached five years of age on or before the first day of September, or five years of age on the first scheduled day of school, are eligible to enroll for the 2019-20 school year. It is very important to have the registration process completed as soon as possible in order to ensure all students are able to start school on time. If you have not completed the registration process yet, please do so no later than June 15, 2019. Click here to register online.
The following documents are required to be submitted before students can begin school in August:
• 2 proofs of residency, such as a deed, mortgage statement, bank statement, lease and/or utility bill
• Copy of birth certificate
• Child’s Immunization Record - If your child is receiving summer immunizations, complete the online registration process now. When the child's immunizations are complete, please submit that documentation to Mrs. Sharon Palonis, Enrollment Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at the District Administration Office.
• Proof of Lead Testing from your child’s physician
• Proof of Private Dental Exam from your dentist
• Proof of Private Physical Exam from your doctor
Once all of the required documents and immunizations have been submitted, our team will review for compliance and confirm that your child is set to begin Kindergarten on Monday, August 26, 2019.
A boundary map is provided based upon home addresses to determine which school your child will attend. Click here to view the boundary map and see the elementary school your child will attend. All students entering Kindergarten, Grade 1 or Grade 2 will attend either Gill Hall or McClellan Elementary Schools, while all students in Grades 3, 4 and 5 will attend Jefferson Hills Intermediate School.
Should you have any questions in the interim, please contact Sharon Palonis in the Enrollment Office at email@example.com. Thank you.
Pre-Registration Online - Tuesday, February 12 - Friday, March 1
Kindergarten Information Night for Parents - Wednesday, February 27
Online Registration - OPEN
Kindergarten Screenings - Thursday, August 1
Kindergarten Orientation - Wednesday, August 14